I’m tired of cliches. I’m tired of trends. I’m tired of people repeating the same things over and over again just because others are doing it. I’m tired of hipsters (whatever that means anymore) and cats (they’re cute and everything, but you have to draw the line somewhere) and nutella (delicious but overrated). I’m tired of tea and vintage and oversized glasses and polaroid photos. I’m tired of it all. I’m not saying that these things are bad in the least or that it’s wrong to like them, but whatever happened to everyone having different tastes and everyone being okay with that? What happened to individuality? What happened to having our own unique voice? Why can’t anybody have an idea without everyone else copying it?
Put down that mason jar. Take off those glasses. Stop reblogging pictures of cats. Wipe your mind free from what everyone else is doing and create things that are wholly you. Just because no one else is doing it doesn’t mean that it’s not cool, you know. Step away from the trends and cliches and silly little things that mar the surface of you. For God’s sake, there’s nothing wrong with being a little different from the masses.
(some thoughts I’ve been having lately)
- imcatherinegrace reblogged this from carlottacisternas
- imcatherinegrace likes this
- unfinished-novel likes this
- emilymahiai likes this
- semblanceofgossamer answered: Preach it!!
- dontshinesobright likes this
- fortressofbooks answered: I will never stop reblogging pictures of cats! But I definitely get what you mean.
- janabeth likes this
- farmgirlinflipflops answered: mm hmm. me toooo. I’m tired of being treated like I’m stupid for not keeping up with the things that are COOL. be original, for Lord’s sake!!
- ohsimplelife likes this
- kingalydia reblogged this from carlottacisternas
- kingalydia likes this
- onabedoflace reblogged this from carlottacisternas
- onabedoflace likes this
- onabedoflace answered: she done be preachin’!
- streetartlines likes this
- abbeywearstoques likes this
- abbieloveslotr likes this
- momentsoflibra answered: Gosh. Thank you!
- imjessrackley answered: Amen, amen, and amen. It’s so refreshing to hear your say this. Thanks for being so honest :D
- justplainkylie reblogged this from carlottacisternas
- natalie-s likes this
- carlottacisternas posted this